Friday, September 10, 2010

Legal Authority: How I made contact, found this person and why they are a good choice.

I never knew that finding a lawyer would be so difficult. I got in contact with many lawyers, and no one was willing to sit for 20 minutes to answer my questions. One of the lawyers I got in contact with was my Aunt Rose, also known as Rose Reyes, Criminal Lawyer in the state of California. She could not provide me any answers because she is a criminal lawyer and did not study copyright or patent law. My Aunt also told me that it would be very difficult to get a hold of copyright lawyer due to their busy and expensive time. After talking to her, my hopes on finding a lawyer to answer my questions was very low and I did not know what else to do. However, I called up a friend of mine that works for a law firm, and also going to law school. He was a big assistance to me on this process of finding a lawyer. He asked one of the lawyers he works for to take the time to answer my questions. I suppose the saying, that floats around Las Vegas, “It’s not what you know, it’s who you know”, is pretty accurate. The lawyer I contacted chose to keep his name private; however what I can reveal is the firm he works for, Cane Clark LLP. In my eyes, this lawyer is a good choice because of his experience and also because he was very cooperative. He has been in law for over 18 years and primarily practices Estate Planning, Taxation, Probate and Asset Preservation. With all that knowledge, he has also studied what we are learning in class this quarter. I am grateful that he found the time to sit down and answer these questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment