Friday, August 27, 2010

Week 7 EOC: What legal issues concern you most?

There are so many questions that I have for my career to ask a lawyer or a judge. My career as photographer I want to get clear about the whole model and location release forms. When do I need a model or a location release forms? Do I need them when I randomly go shooting on the strip or some little town? If I take a photo of a crowd of people walking around, do I have every single person in that photo sign a model release form? And do I have to find the owner of the place to sign the location release form? And do I need them to sign it before or after I take the photo? This is all important to me because I love capturing people in their environment, almost candid, and asking them to sign the paper beforehand can ruin the concept. Also, I understand that metadata can protect your work and engrave your name into the file. However, what if someone takes my photo, uses it, and gain profit; what kind of process do I need to do to handle this and what will happen to them? If I composited a photo, and include someone else’s work with mine, am I doing something illegal? What certain contracts and paperwork should I have with me when I start a business? All these questions are so important to me because I love what I am doing, and I love expanding my creativity. However, I want to know that I am handling my work correctly and what to know what could happen in the future. I want to be prepared on anything and everything that is and will be affecting me in this field. Therefore, asking these questions to a great and amazing lawyer can be beneficial to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment